Abroad Scope

UK Child Student Visa

Child Student Visa

You can come to study in the UK under Child Student Visa if you’re between 4 and 17:

  • You have an unconditional offer of a place on a course at an independent school
  • You be able to show you’ll have access to enough money to support you in the UK and pay for your course
  • You have the consent of your parent or guardian to study in the UK – you’ll need to prove this when you apply
  • You can apply 6 months in advance before your course start date.
  • A parent can come and stay with a child student


  • £348 outside the UK
  • £475 inside the UK
  • £300 Immigration Health Surcharge
  • £516 A parent of a child student visa